Monday, April 12, 2010

Our first Photo-post Week 1! ~ The power of observation...

Hi there!

Thank you for viewing our first post! We're a creative community coming together in the name of photography! Every week we're given a quote, phrase, word or inspiration and based on that we create our vision! Our intention is to be teachers, students, and do-gooders with our art...and heart. :)

Join us on our weekly project and share this with friends that are also inspired by photography!
photos4inspiration@gmail.com

Our first inspiring quote, found by Goddess photographer Natalie:

"Photography is the power of observation, not the application of technology." Ken Rockwell

Natalie's view:



Lisa's view:
I often like to try and observe our world as an empty canvas when searching for photos - and I feel like this photo demonstrates that ....



Lauren's view:
I kept thinking about how strongly linked perspective is to observation. This photo brings to my mind how we so often look up (as I literally had to for this photo) to the idea of a bird's eye view (or the unique perspective attained when seeing the world from above). It also makes me think about how when we achieve a higher perspective, our experience of the world changes along with it (even though the ground below never changed).



Melissa's view:
I am a natural observer. I love watching everything...especially children at play, in their make-believe world.


See you next week!!!

If you are interested in joining our photo projects please email us here:
photos4inspiration@gmail.com

1 comment: