Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Week 17 - Animals

Topic....Animals!!!

"An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language." ~ Martin Buber

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~ Anatole France


I had a visitor at the pier while on my morning walk. I love living so close to the beach! :)
~ Cat Cruz ~



I think I just moved to the bug capital of southern california!! There are always some crazy looking creatures popping in :) This grasshopper was almost 4 inches long!! And stick bugs are just awesome.... I can't wait to see your guyes shots!!! ~Beth Iyaman, love life advocate! ~



I decided to share all the kitties that live with me. The first picture is my cat, Oreo, sleeping in a guitar case. The second picture is a neighborhood cat named Willy. He has adopted me as his new owner. The third picture is another cat that has also adopted my house and I call him "Little Kitty". I absolutely love these little guys!
~ Kenna Hummer ~








Leela, Infinity masquerading around as my stunning and playful dog.
~ Kidest M ~

~ Natalie Warr ~





This is how I spend my mornings and nights sometimes...this is my roommate Stella and she
LOVES her orange ball.
~ Melissa Grove ~





I have taken so many shots of animals that it is hard to choose from. I decided to try and share a photo of something maybe some people have never seen before. This is a type of Nudibranch also known as a Sea Slug. They are not very large, only about an inch or two, and are very slow movers. So they turn out to be one of a divers favorite subjects. Nudibranch’s are typically poisonous to predators that may try to eat them, so their beautiful colors in a way say “don’t eat me, or you’ll be sorry”. ~ Eric Morgensen ~


See you next week my friends!!!

If you are interested in joining our photo projects please email us here: photos4inspiration@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment