Monday, May 17, 2010

Week 6 - Self Portraits

As one of the creators of this fun group I have to admit, Self Portrait week is my favorite so far!
Man, we're a good looking group! :) And the feeling behind these photos is ammmmazing.
Thank you for continuing to inspire me!!!

This week's inspiration...

Self Portraits - a portrait of yourself created by yourself. :)

"I paint self- portraits because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best."


I took this photograph of myself on March 25, 2010. I was all dressed for a special night as a friend's date for a music/charity event. I felt so beauty-full that day. I have learned when I take care of my heart, spirit and mind, it really shows through my physical being. I am grateful for the choice to love what I was born with and the choice to appreciate the uniqueness of my physical being.
~ Tabatha Conrad



"We make choices and look back on where we were… and while the grass always seems greener on the other side, I remember, I grew the grass on this side… and if feels great on my bare feet."
~ Mike Peleshok


Ironic that this is this week's inspiration! I just took this self portrait on Mother's Day. My boys surprised me with gifts and poems that they secretly did at school AND even gave me a chocolate chip muffin for breakfast with a candle in it and made me a banner to hang on the piano! This self portrait was taken to share with my family and friends to show how very happy and grateful I am to have the sweetest boys who gave me THE BEST Mother's Day gifts EVER! :)
~ Cat Cruz


Technology can bring you closer to people far away while simultaneously moving you farther from those closest.
~ Stacey Peck

I've been a sister, daughter, cousin, friend, lover, wife and now I get to be a mother!!! Life is a GIFT.
~ Beth Teel



Finally seeing my true reflection for the first time.
~ Nicole Price

Always trying to take a NEW photo for each week is my goal. Not knowing how this week’s photo would play out the opportunity finally came as I was driving home with my family from Portland. We had just finishing a wonderful exhausting overnight stay with our friends the Hubka’s, Bushwalla and Keith Benton. On the long road home the solitude of my sleeping family gave me an opportunity to not only photo myself but the most important people in my life.
~ Eric Morgensen



~ Tristan Prettyman rockin it! :)



~ Jennifer Light


Mediocre self portrait... studying for finals and work have kept me super busy.
~ Francisco Lovko



~ Natalie Warr

~ Melissa Grove


See you next week friends!!!


If you are interested in joining our photo projects please email us here: photos4inspiration@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment