Monday, May 24, 2010

Week 7 - Beauty In Ugly

This week's inspiration by Eric Morgenson...

The Beauty in Ugly

A woman who cannot be ugly is not beautiful. ~ Karl Kraus
If you need a musical inspiration check out Jason Mraz's song The Beauty in Ugly...he rocks! ;-)
Thanks Eric for this idea!!!


I took this during the San Diego wildfires in 2007 which happened a little over a year after I moved to this beautiful city. I had never experienced anything other than major thunderstorms and tornadoes where I was originally from, so this was all new to me and my two little guys. It was pretty scary and ugly, but what I found solace and beauty in was how quickly the community came together to make sure everyone from all areas of the city were safe and knew they had a safe place to go to if necessary. I am sooo grateful and proud to call San Diego my Home. <3
~ Cat Cruz


I took this photo on a messy night out on the town.I was in a tequila bar called "tequileria" with some friends, and after having downed too many shots, I could barely see.The beauty of the way the tequila bottles looked took my breath away. The colour is powerful and the silhouettes are just amazing. Even though thinking of the tequila up on the wall made me feel ill, i found it beautiful. People find tequila ugly, especially the morning after. I found this arrangement beautiful, even the morning after.
~ Conor Meehan



Close up, it may not turn many heads but from a distance you can see there's "beauty in ugly" afterall :)
~Beth Iyaman



"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." -Confucius
Taken at Santa Cruz Island : )
~ Kenna Hummer




The most miraculous experience on this earth is to create life.....Two come together and give there gifts and then from love a child grows in her mothers magic womb. We still know so little about that sacred sequence...but we have all experienced it. This is a picture of the placenta, The organ that feeds the growing child from its mother's life. It is created for that soul purpose and when its mission is complete it is expelled.....This is beauty.....
~ Lara Love


Here are 2 photos...the Frogfish photo was just taken a week ago in one of my fish tanks. It is a close up shot of his face. See if you can find his eye and mouth. It may look just like a rock but if a fish gets too close it is a quick meal. Something to note is that the Frogfish or Anglerfish is harmless to humans.
The Stonefish photo was taken in 2008 while diving. It is very easy to miss these beauties in the wild. You must be extremely careful not to step on or put your hand down on a stonefish. They are venomous and can be deadly if you do.
I have hundreds of photos of every frogfish or stonefish I have ever seen in the wild or had in my shop. These ugly creatures are truly beautiful to me.
~ Eric Morgensen



~ Natalie Warr



I was born in Brazil and my mother used to tell me that there were no parks with green grass for children to play on however, the cemeteries were well keep and a beautiful area for children to run around. I still think cemeteries are beautiful and a little reminder to appreciate life daily.
~ Melissa Grove



See you next week friends!!!

If you are interested in joining our photo projects please email us here: photos4inspiration@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment