Monday, May 3, 2010

Week 4 - ...Silhouettes!

Welcome to Week 4!!!

Thanks for joining us!

This week's inspiration...silhouettes!
One basic rule of photography is to never place the subject directly in front of the sun. However, silhouettes create mystery and magic! A perfect background to that subject would be a sunrise, sunset, or any backdrop that is lighter than the subject.

“Vehement silhouettes of Manhattan - that vertical city with unimaginable diamonds.”
~ Le Corbusier



NYC Public Library
~ Caleb Friend


The Solemn Surfer... I visit him often. He only lives a block away from my place and we share the same love for the beach. Now only if I could get him to teach me to surf! ;-)
~ Cat Cruz


I wanted to try experiment with something a little different and try a silhouette at night?? Fun!
~ Lisa Bernstein



Taken in Maui right at sunset. My boyfriend, Gavin Smiley, was my model : )
~ Kenna Hummer





~ Jen Light ~

~ Francisco Lovko ~


Last week while traveling home from the store the moon was full and bright. I raced home grabbed my camera and started shooting from my yard. Here is the result of the moon shining its light through the trees.
~ Eric Morgensen



Sometimes details don't matter...it's the beauty that surrounds you.
~  Melissa Grove




As our group grows and grows I feel more honored to be in it! What amazing views we all have!
Thank you for sharing your view with us!!!

See you next week!!!


If you are interested in joining our photo projects please email us here: photos4inspiration@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I missed the cut off but posted my silhouette on my blog here http://bethanol.blogspot.com/2010/05/photo-club-missed-cut-off.html


    you guys beautify!!

    ReplyDelete