Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Week 8 - Shadows

Week 8 Inspiration...

Shadows
Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.
~ Samuel Smiles


This is not a scary monster...it is just a happy little boy acting out a play behind an umbrella at the beach. :)
What a great day. ~ Melissa Grove



This was taken last year of me and my BFF goofing off at Disneyland. We went for a belated bday celebration for my boys last year. It was the boys' first Disneyland trip. That place truly is magical. :)
~ Cat Cruz
 
 

~ Eric Morgensen ~



This is a photo I took with my son.....His hand and mine formed the symbol of Love. We love each other even in the shadows. ~ Lara Love



A meaningful photograph for me. My first artistic expression in a long time. In addition, it portrays my energy lately; chained to the wall and shadowed by my own restraints. Happy to look through the lens again, exciting. Thanks for the inspiration Lizard! ~ Luke Teel


~ Lex C ~


 
This little assignment made me really notice something. Everything under the light casts a shadow. Everything in my home, everything on the streets and outdoors, living or "non-living" - if it rests a few inches above the ground, it will cast its colorless silhouette in every direction. And light and shadow always go together - light doesn't need the shadow, but the shadow in order to appear always needs some form of light. Interesting right? Even more so if you apply it to what it means for your own Light and those shadowy colorless moments that may arise. ~ Kidest M.



Taken early one spring morning in my backyard as the sun was warm enough let me get my shirt off and bask in its radiance. ~ Conor Meehan


See you next week friends!!!

If you are interested in joining our photo projects please email us here: photos4inspiration@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment