Monday, June 7, 2010

Week 9 - Motion

Week 9 inspiration...
Motion
Photography is a static medium. That means that it is still, it doesn't move. This week I want you to convey motion in your images. Blur it, stop it, suggest it. How you convey motion is up to you! Have fun with it!!

We even included a EXTRA assingment...
**Extra assignment for motion photo by Natalie Warr**
Long Exposure
Use a shutter speed that is set to 1/15 sec or slower and set your camera up using a tripod, a flat surface or just your hands to produce your image.

Shutter speed is the length of time a camera's shutter is open. For a short exposure we would use a fast shutter speed ( ex: 1/60 of a second or faster) and for a long exposure we would use a slow shutter speed ( ex: 1/15 of a second or slower)

Long exposure is a technique that is often used to create interesting effects with water and lights.
Most traditional long exposure images are taken with a tripod or on some flat surface but it is possible to create exciting images using this technique while just holding your camera so that the motion of the camera is combined with the long exposure.

Here are some examples of Long exposure images
http://digital-photography-school.com/long-exposure-photography

Good job everyone...you clever critters you!!! :)


I really learned a lot this week. Although I didn't have time to capture a shot I intended in my mind I was able to capture the night driving on the freeways of Italy. No I wasn't driving. While a passenger I was able to start learning this incredible skill. I can't wait to see what everyone came up with.
~ Eric Morgensen ~


I took this picture while in Venice last year........we are all just light after all.....
~ Lara Love ~


So this is a pretty strange photo, I know. But something about it draws me in. It was taken at Billy Galewood's (Bushwalla) album release party at the Belly Up. He had just released balloons that were floating into the air, the crowd was swaying and moving to the sound of the music, and then Billy began hula hooping! For fun, I decided to take a long-exposure shot to see what kind of movement I might capture. It turned out to be something that I feel captured the energy of the moment...the creativity, silly, off-the-wall fun of the evening. The transcendent swirls of color and light that his funky beats evoked. And yet if you look closely, you can make out three faces captured in stillness. Overall, it's not the prettiest picture. But for some reason I am drawn to the different elements within!
~ Lauren Helm ~

This photo was taken by me at a backyard party recently. A cold winters night is usually not the time you want to be outside at midnight. This outdoor heater was what kept us out in the cold, and you can see that even though the effect showing is because my camera was using a slower shutter speed, to me it shows the radiating motion of the warmth from the heater.
~ Conor Meehan ~


~ Francisco Lovko ~




~ Kenna Hummer ~


I fell in love with the way leaves dance so violently in the wind during this weeks inspiration! Motion is so hypnotic! ~ Kidest M ~


I am sharing two motion pictures which I have cleverly titled "slow motion" and "happy feet". Enjoy! :)
~ Cat Cruz ~




~ Melissa Grove ~


See you next week friends!!!
If you are interested in joining our photo projects please email us here: photos4inspiration@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. missed it again this week... but I posted on my blog again www.bethanol.blogspot.com

    you guys are all amazing!!! This week really blew me away... I'm so happy to be sharing this game with all of you .... <3

    ReplyDelete